Hi there,

Thank you for visiting Kikay Central! We are happy to have you here and we hope you have a nice stay. Registration is free and absolutely free. Come and join our friendly community.

Kikay Central Team

Sister Forum

If you are interested in being a part another forum community of general topic, please join us here: General Chat Community

Poll

3 Must Have Products
0% 0% [ 0 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
33% 33% [ 3 ]
11% 11% [ 1 ]
22% 22% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

hair colour

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:08 pm by suda

I never applied any color to my hair...
but i would like to color my hair red

I think I finally figured out what is causing my acne... my pillow!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 am by sunflower100

I have posted on here a few times about having a large breakout in acne at the age of 35. It is mostly my cheeks that breakout. I do have one or two on my forehead, but it's always been that way, but …

Sam Houston St. offense sputters in FCS title game

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:38 pm by chujingchen

FRISCO, Texas (AP)—Sam Houston State’s powerful offense sputtered at the worst possible time, costing the Bearkats a chance to win their first FCS title.

North Dakota State made the most of big …

Battle Hair Loss

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:04 pm by suda

Apply lemon juice to your hair. After 15 minutes wash with soap or shampoo. When it gets dry apply nigella oil, Inshallah hair fall will stop. You can also Massage with olive oil befor going to bed.

Affiliates

don't burn your food!

photoescape

My Mood : Happy

don't burn your food!

Post by photoescape on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:32 pm

If you like barbecue parties, like I do (yum yum!) the main highlight of the party is basically the booze and the barbecue right? and mostly the food would have those black, charred parts which are sometimes the good part of the meat. Let me tell you that those are called carcinogens which can be harmful for your health. Too much carcinogens you intake will actually develop into a cancer.

Here in the Philippines, there are a lot of small kiosks or stalls that sell barbecued chicken intestines (also called zigzag), pig intestines, blood of chicken which is cut into cubes (A.K.A beta max) and lots more. Its actually a common thing here in the Philippines to have those as a side dish sometimes or better yet our snack for the afternoon. I admit loving these kinds of cuisine because its delicious and cheap if your on a budget. And usually I would request the owner to have the barbecue I ordered to have it a little toasted. But since I found out that carcinogens can cause cancer, I actually refrain ordering these foods and also smoking.

smoking also produces carcinogens which can give you cancer. It not only gives you cancer but also makes you age faster. I read from a magazine before that in every stick of cigarette you smoke, four years of your life is being deducted. I don't know if that is a fact but its better to prevent yourself to experience that.

Think of it this way, I you want to slow the aging process of your body, stop or refrain from drinking too much alcohol and also smoking. I know it's hard to stop smoking nor drinking but the best way to take care of yourself is to take it in moderation.

I hope this helped you take better care for yourself.

good luck!

much love!
    Dazzler
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Thankful

Re: don't burn your food!

Post by Dazzler on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:54 pm

Yeah I heard that grilling isn't healthy because of the charcoal and that it can cause cancer. I have stayed away from grilled foods as a matter of fact. I don't smoke and drink either but that doesn't mean I can run away from cancer. The best thing we can do it to take care of our health and change our lifestyle. It isn't easy but it is definitely possible. Thanks for enlightening us photoescape! Great post (again Very Happy)

Check out my Makeup and Beauty Blog for makeup reviews & more I love you
    Follow me! Twitter ♥️ Facebook
    bunnyloaf

Post by bunnyloaf on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Wah! I'm guilty, not about smoking, but the grilled food part. Haist...
    Dazzler
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Thankful

Post by Dazzler on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Haha yeah I think most of us are guilty about it. There's something about grilling that makes the food more delicious. I have to stop myself from burning my food from now on

Check out my Makeup and Beauty Blog for makeup reviews & more I love you
    Follow me! Twitter ♥️ Facebook

marypulido

Post by marypulido on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Grilled food is actually supposed to be healthy, since it is believed to be cooked in less oil ( at least, healthier than deep fried). In fact, several diet charts talk about having grilled and baked foods. In that way, maybe baked food is better, since you are just putting it into the oven...no smoke and no charcoal. Guess, it is best to have all this stuff in moderation and never overdo things. Boiled food is the best option, if you reaaally wish to be healthy.

we all are scared about some diseases...but..you never know! I believe in destiny...if something is bound to happen, it will happen always. sounds philosophical?

jennifer

Post by jennifer on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:19 pm

No, Mary..grilled food is never healthy. If you choose to visit some popular restaurants serving grilled food you will notice that they are using some extra helping of butter or fats to enhance the taste of the food and sometimes colors also to make the food look attractive.

melindalpayne

Post by melindalpayne on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 pm

You are absolutely true on barbecue stuffs, its better to stay away from them, if not, then have in moderations. A rigorous exercise regime may help in warding off the harmful effects of carcinogens to some extent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 am